WE’RE OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
“SAFE SPACE” POLICY
Please Be Advised:
Vaccine Passport Validation in effect as of November 22, 2021
The continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada and around the world has understandably raised concerns for you and your families. At CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING, the well-being of our employees, valued customers as well as community members, is of the deepest concern to us. We want you to know that your safety will remain our top priority as this situation continues to evolve.
CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING Ltd. is providing training 7 days a week at our training facility.
When it comes to training, the following precautions have been implemented and exceed industry standards. Some include:
- Class size has been limited.
- Face masks are required to be worn at all times*
- Thorough screening & sanitization requirements upon arrival (details below)
- Updates to classroom procedures (details below)
- Cleaning our facility (details below)
- All staff and instructors are Fully Vaccinated against Covid-19 (details below)
*PLEASE BE ADVISED: “Babysitting” & “Stay Safe!” course registrants are exempt from Vaccine Passport Validation.
**Note: People entering the building (to simply pick up or drop off items), are exempt from Vaccine Passport Validation.
Regarding people entering our facility to get trained:
- Physical Vaccine Passport (Card) + Drivers License
- Physical Vaccine Passport (Phone App) + Drivers License
- Physical Vaccine Passport (Card) + Canadian Passport
- Physical Vaccine Passport (Phone App) + Canadian Passport
Upon arrival into our building, strict screening & sanitization procedures must be followed:
- Sanitization: Students must proceed directly to the sanitizing station and sanitize hands.
- Screening Questions: Participants will be asked questions from the Shared Health Screening Tool (provided by the Province of Manitoba).
- *PLEASE BE ADVISED: Parents/Guardians will answer on behalf of students aged 15 or less when dropping off their child.
Click Here For The Online Covid-19 Screening Tool Provided By Shared Health Manitoba
- Pulse Oximeter: Each participant will have their pulse and oxygen saturation reading taken. This is done by placing a device on your finger for 5-10 seconds and this will be recorded by a staff member. A minimum of 90% 02 saturation reading is required to attend the training. PLEASE BE ADVISED: Pre-existing health conditions may result in a lower 02 saturation reading. Our staff reserve the right to reschedule participants based on findings.
- Temperature: Each student’s temperature will be tested through the use of an wall mounted infrared thermometer that is briefly placed near the forehead. PLEASE BE ADVISED: Participants with a temperature of 38°C or higher will be asked to reschedule. Our staff reserve the right to reschedule participants based on findings.
- Signature: Each participant will be required to sign a document consenting to the screening process and confirming that screening questions have been answered truthfully.
(If a participant is 15 years of age or less, parent/guardian must sign on their behalf).
Updates to Classroom Procedures
- Disposable gloves will be used for all practical/hands-on training activities
- Each participant will be provided with their own pocket mask to perform CPR and ventilations
- Mandatory use of a one-way single-use valve during ventilation which is disposed of at the end of each course (No mouth-to-mouth will be done on a manikin without the use of disposable one-way valve)
- Alcohol swabs are provided for further disinfection of equipment immediately before use
- All equipment is thoroughly cleaned & sanitized between courses
Cleaning our facility:
We understand your concerns during this time, so we’re taking additional steps to keep our space safe for you and your employees when you decide to schedule or reschedule your course at our facility.
- We have increased the deep cleaning of our office, every day, including sanitizing and disinfecting all surfaces, door handles, training equipment among other things.
- Washrooms & frequent touch-point surfaces are cleaned upon opening, closing and frequently throughout the day
- Hand sanitizer and wipes are available in the office for use by both employees and customers at all times
Face masks are required to be worn at all times* and are available for your training experience. This is a provincially regulated requirement.
-During Red Cross Courses at the guidance of the instructor, face masks may be removed when beginning to perform CPR and ventilation’s. This is done on their own manikin at their individual work station.
-For Heart and stroke courses, masks will remain on for the duration of the course being taken. For more info Click here.
We are ready to serve you!
At CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING, we believe it is our responsibility to do our part in mitigating the spread of Covid-19 based on the most up to date information.
Important to know:
Your business is very important to us here and we intend to try and limit the impacts or effects this may have on your training experience. Being as we are the largest Canadian Red Cross Training Partner and Instructor Development Centre in Manitoba, it is our primary concern to ensure that our practices are aligned with the latest recommendations. Please click here to take a look at the following statement from the Canadian Red Cross.
We continue to take important steps to help you stay protected.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and are following the latest guidance from local, provincial and federal health authorities, including the:
- Public Health Agency of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Being prepared and:
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak updates, symptoms, prevention, travel, preparation
- The Government of Manitoba: (Coronavirus) as well as;
- The Canadian Red Cross: What is the Coronavirus? – Facts
We’ll keep you informed.
We are committed to keeping our lines of communication open to inform you of the latest developments. For more information about how CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING is responding to COVID-19 and how it affects you, please feel free to get in touch anytime, we’re here to help!
Lastly, we understand this is an uncertain time for everyone. This said I am reminded of the comforting words “This Too Shall Pass”.
Christian Clavelle (President)