WE’RE OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
SAFE SPACE POLICY
May 28, 2020 – 3:30pm
Dear Valued Customer,
The continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada and around the world has understandably raised concerns for you and your families. At CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING, the well-being of our employees, valued customers as well as community members, is of the deepest concern to us. We want you to know that your safety will remain our top priority as this situation continues to evolve.
*PLEASE BE ADVISED:
CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING Ltd. is providing training 7 days a week at our training facility.
When it comes to training, the following precautions have been implemented and exceed industry standards regarding:
- Class sizes: Have been limited to half capacity emphasizing physical distancing standards.
- Strict screening & sanitization requirements upon arrival (details below)
- Updates to Classroom Procedures (details below)
- Cleaning our facility (details below)
- Face masks are made available for your training experience (details below)
Upon arrival into our building, strict screening & sanitization procedures must be followed:
- Sanitization: Students must proceed directly to the sanitizing station and sanitize hands.
- Screening Questions: Participants will be asked questions from the Shared Health Screening Tool (provided by the Province of Manitoba).*Please be advised: Parents/Guardians will answer on behalf of students aged 15 or less
Click Here For The Online Covid-19 Screening Tool Provided By Shared Health Manitoba
- Pulse Oximeter: Each student will have their pulse and oxygen saturation (reading taken by using your finger – 5-10 seconds) recorded by a staff member. A minimum of 90% 02 saturation is required. *Please be advised: Pre-existing health conditions may result in a lower 02 saturation reading. Our staff reserve the right to reschedule participants based on findings.
- Temperature: Each student’s temperature will be tested through the use of a thermometer that is briefly placed on the forehead and behind the ear.*Please be advised: Participants with a temperature of 38°C or higher will be asked to reschedule. Our staff reserve the right to reschedule participants based on findings.
- Signature: Each participant will sign a document consenting to the screening process and confirming that screening questions have been answered truthfully.
(If a participant is 15 years of age or less, parent/guardian must sign on their behalf).
Updates to Classroom Procedures
- Each training participant will have their own sitting & practical workspace with appropriate distance from other participants
- Disposable gloves will be used for all practical exercises
- Each participant will be provided with their own manikin and pocket mask to perform CPR and ventilations
- Mandatory use of a one-way single use valve during ventilations which is disposed at the end of each course (No mouth-to-mouth on manikin without the use of disposable one-way valve)
- Alcohol swabs are provided for further disinfection of equipment immediately before use
- All equipment is thoroughly cleaned & sanitized between courses
Cleaning our facility:
We understand your concerns during this time, so we’re taking additional steps to keep our space safe for you and your employees when you decide to schedule or reschedule your course at our facility.
- We have increased the deep cleaning of our office, every day, including sanitizing all surfaces, door handles, training equipment among other things.
- Washrooms & frequent touchpoint surfaces are cleaned upon opening, closing and every 2 hours throughout the day
- Hand sanitizer and wipes are available in the office for use by both employees and customers.
Washable preventative face masks are recommended and provided for your training experience. They are to be given back at the end of the training. If however you find them comfortable and would like to keep them, they are available for sale upon request for a charge of $10 (Taxes included). Click here to learn more.
We are ready to serve you!
At CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING, we believe it is our responsibility to do our part in mitigating the spread of Covid-19 based on the most up to date information.
Important to know:
Your business is very important to us here and we intend to try and limit the impacts or effects this may have on your training experience. Being as we are the largest Candian Red Cross Training Partner and Instructor Development Centre in Manitoba, it is our primary concern to ensure that our practices are aligned with the latest recommendations. Please click here to take a look at the following statement from the Canadian Red Cross.
We continue to take important steps to help you stay protected.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and are following the latest guidance from local, provincial and federal health authorities, including the:
- Public Health Agency of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Being prepared and:
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak updates, symptoms, prevention, travel, preparation
- The Government of Manitoba: (Coronavirus) as well as;
- The Canadian Red Cross: What is the Coronavirus? – Facts
We’ll keep you informed.
We are committed to keeping our lines of communication open to inform you of the latest developments. For more information about how CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING is responding to COVID-19 and how it affects you, get in touch anytime, we’re here to help.
Lastly, we understand this is an uncertain time for everyone. This said, I am reminded of the comforting words “This Too Shall Pass”.
Christian Clavelle (President)