CRC: Stay Safe! course
Stay Safe! Program (Canadian Red Cross)
Description: The Canadian Red Cross Stay Safe! Course is for 9-13 year olds (Minimum 9 years of age - or completion of Grade 3 **Proof of age is required). Basic First-Aid and safety skills are taught, while participants learn about being safe when they are without the direct supervision of a parent, guardian, or trusted adult, both at home and in the community.
Parents please drop your child(ren) off between 8:45 and 9:00am Pick up time is for 3:00pm.
Please pack your child(ren) a bag lunch and indoor shoes or slippers. Children are not allowed out for lunch unless leaving with a parent
• The importance of responsibility and respect and being accountable for yourself
• The importance of following safety rules when on your own
• How to stay safe at home and within the community
• How to prepare for, recognize and respond to unexpected situations (e.g., inclement weather, fire,)
• Basic First-Aid skills, such as deadly bleeds, nose bleeds, choking, epipens and asthma
. Safe vs Unsafe Strangers
. How and when to call EMS 911
. Check, Call & Care for First-Aid skills
Completion Requirements: 100% attendance, skills demonstration.
Duration: Approximately 6.5 Hours.
TAKE-HOME MATERIALS: Stay Safe! Workbook and Completion certificate
Current In-house Public Course Schedule
|Friday November 22 09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Friday November 29 09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Saturday December 07 09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Monday December 30 09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Friday January 03 09:00 am - 03:00 pm|
|Saturday January 25 09:00 am - 03:00 pm|