Opioid Crisis Intervention (OCI) Training
OPIOID CRISIS INTERVENTION (OCI) Training
Description: This informational fact based training session provides the skills needed to recognize and respond to an opioid crisis. Includes hands-on training in the use of Naloxone (Narcan).
*Course suitable for any workplace including volunteer based organizations or general interest.
- Intro to Opioids (Discussion):
- Types of drugs"Uppers" vs. "Downers" (Oral, Injecting, Snorting & Inhaling)
- Myth busting: What have you heard?
- Intro to Naloxone - Narcan (Comercial Branded Name) vs. Naloxone (Name of the medication) - Drugs this will work on
- Opioid Overdose - Signs & Symptoms
- Review: Myths - Debunked (open ended discussion) - Is Naloxone a miracle cure? Does it work on all drugs? What is the difference between opioids and non-opioids? How does Naloxone work?
- CPR & AED Review
Demo & Discuss - How to administer Naloxone:
- Ampoule / Vile - Injection / Nasal Atomizer
- Post Naloxone use - Discussion
Completion Requirements: 100% attendance, skills demonstration
Duration: Approximately 3 Hours.
Re-training: Recommended every 2 years