ASIST TrainingApplied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
Description: ASIST uses internationally recognized best practices customized to be relevant to students, employees or concerned citizens. Instructors maintain a balance of challenge and safety.
As an Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) trainee, or, ‘suicide first responder’, you will be better able to:• recognize and assist a person at risk to avoid suicide
• discuss suicide with a person at risk in a direct manner
• demonstrate the skills required to intervene with a person at risk of suicide
• recognize that caregivers and persons at risk are affected by personal and societal attitudes about suicide
• learn about the facts of suicide and dispel the myths
• identify risk alerts and develop a safe plan related to them
• list the types of resources available to a person at risk of suicide
• make a commitment to advocacy, improving community resources and networking
• recognize that suicide prevention is broader than suicide intervention and, includes life promotion and self-care for persons at risk and for caregivers.
Instructors: Two instructors* will facilitate the training. Both instructors are trained to provide assistance and support if any participants are struggling with the subject of suicide in the training.
*(Registered Suicide Intervention Trainers through LivingWorks Education)
Certificate & Accreditation: Upon completion, participants receive a certificate. ASIST was developed by Livingworks Education and is recognized as the international standard for suicide intervention training.
Does ASIST training expire?No, your ASIST certificate does not expire but LivingWorks suggests that it would be best practice to take a Tune-Up between years 2 and 3 just to make sure your skills can still promote safety and for confidence.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Many organizations and licensure boards will provide CEU (Continuing Education Units) credits for attending ASIST.
Duration: 14 hours over 2 days (8:30AM - 4:30PM on both days with a break for lunch). Please arrive 15 minutes early on the first day to fill out forms.
Completion Requirements: 100% attendance, skills demonstration.
Current In-house Public Course ScheduleTraining will be starting again in the fall! Contact us today to find out more
|Thursday September 30 & Friday October 01 (08:30 am - 04:30 pm)|
|Saturday October 23 & Sunday October 24 (08:30 am - 04:30 pm)|