CRC: Fundamentals of Instruction (FOI)
Canadian Red Cross: Fundamentals of an Instructor (FOI)
Description: First Aid Instructors support the delivery of our First Aid course. Candidates will develop competencies in facilitating step-by-step as well as case-based learning, and how to support learners in understanding how to help someone in the event of an emergency.
Audience: Course is adaptable to all audiences (People working with youth, Workplace, Professional Responder, etc.)
Duration:* Classroom - 16 hours - 8:30am - 4:30 pm x 2 days *(Time dependant on the fluid nature of the course and experience of the attendees)
Instructor: Canadian Red Cross First Aid Instructor Trainer
Prerequisites:• 18 years of age (recommended) • Standard First Aid w/ CPR Level C & AED (2 day course): CLICK HERE AND REGISTER TODAY!
Completion: Successfully participate in 100% of the 16 hour in-class course.
*There is no evaluation component for the classroom-based course.
Certification: Once course is complete, participant would be ready to take the 3-year certification as a Canadian Red Cross First Aid Instructor (FAI)
Participant Materials:• Fundamentals of Instruction - Instructor Workbook (Will be provided at the course)
Fundamentals of Instruction (Day 1):
• Foundations of Being an Instructor
• Lesson Planning
• Types of Learning
• Learning Considerations
• Preparing for your Classroom
• Creating a Safe Learning Environment
• Starting a Course & Maintaining A Safe Learing Environment
Fundamentals of Instruction (Day 2):
• Instructional Techniques - Part I
• Instructional Techniques - Part II
• Conflict Resolution
• Assessing & Evaluating Participants & Closing a Course
• Post-Course Tasks & Responsibilities
• Teaching Experience - First Aid Programs