March 18, 2020 – 3:30pm
Dear Valued Customer,
The continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada and around the world has understandably raised concerns for you and your families. At CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING, the well-being of our employees, valued customers as well as community members, is of the deepest concern to us. We want you to know that your safety will remain our top priority as this situation continues to evolve.
*PLEASE BE ADVISED:
At this time, CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING Ltd. has decided to cancel all training courses EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY Wednesday, March 18, 2020 for 3-1/2 weeks. This “shutdown” is to coincide with the Provincially sanctioned shutdown of all schools in Manitoba. Click on the CBC Article (link) below to learn more about the school shutdown:
At CFAT, we believe it is our responsibility to do our part in mitigating the spread of Covid-19. Based on the most up to date information, we will begin to reschedule all attendees in affected courses in the coming days.
Important to know:
- At this time, we will not be processing refunds for all public / pre-paid registrants. The administrative work required to refund hundreds of people would not be an easy task at this time. What can be assured is when we resume training, your training “credit” will be honoured and you can take a course when it suits your needs.
- Our staff are working hard to ensure that we have a seamless process for when our ability to teach begins again. Your business is very important to us here and we intend to try and limit the impacts or effects this may have on your training schedule.
- When you are ready, you may email us to reschedule your training on or after the date of April 14th. To do so:
Being as we are the largest Candian Red Cross Training Partner in Manitoba as well as 1 of 3 Canadian Red Cross Instructor Development Centres, it is our primary concern to ensure that our practices are aligned with the latest recommendations when training will resume on April 14th. Please click here to take a look at the following statement from the Canadian Red Cross.
We are taking important steps to help you stay protected.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and are following the latest guidance from local, provincial and federal health authorities, including the:
- Public Health Agency of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Being prepared and:
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak updates, symptoms, prevention, travel, preparation
- The Government of Manitoba: (Coronavirus) as well as;
- The Canadian Red Cross: What is the Coronavirus? – Facts
We are ready to serve you when we restart offering training courses.
We understand your concerns during this time, so we’re taking additional steps to keep our space safe for you and your employees when you decide to reschedule your course at our facility.
- We have increased the deep cleaning of our office, every day, including sanitizing all surfaces, door handles, training equipment among other things. Having secured the services of Jani King to clean our facility, we are confident in our ability to have a clean environment when you decide to reschedule your training. Click Here for more information about our office cleaning provider and their processes regarding Covid-19
- Hand sanitizer and wipes are available in the office for use by both employees and customers.
As has always been, regarding our training equipment during courses:
- Each participant will have their own manikin and pocket mask to perform CPR and ventilations (which are cleaned & sanitized after each course)
- Mandatory (Single-use) of a one-way valve during ventilations which is disposed at the end of each course (No mouth-to-mouth on manikin without the use of disposable one-way valve)
- Use of disposable gloves for all practical exercises
- All equipment used is cleaned & sanitized between courses
- Alcohol swabs are provided for further disinfection of equipment immediately before use.
We’ll keep you informed.
We are committed to keeping our lines of communication open to inform you of the latest developments. For more information about how CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING is responding to COVID-19 and how it affects you, get in touch anytime, we’re here to help.
Lastly, we understand this is an uncertain time for everyone. This said, I am reminded of the comforting words “This Too Shall Pass”.
Christian Clavelle (President)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did you decide to cancel the courses?
CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING Ltd. has decided to cancel all training courses EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY Wednesday, March 18, 2020 for 3-1/2 weeks. At CFAT, we believe it is our responsibility to do our part in mitigating the spread of Covid-19.
Is it possible the scheduled courses will be delayed further than Tuesday April 14th?
The simple answer is yes. Being as the Covid-19 “situation” is very fluid,
we believe it is our responsibility to do our part in mitigating the spread of Covid-19 to the best of our ability. This said, based on the most up to date information, we are taking registrations in the coming weeks with a start date of offering courses on starting Tuesday April 14th and will work through any challenges that may come about in the coming weeks.
Why can’t I get a refund for the course I’ve paid for?
The simple answer is that b/c of the sudden and unexpected development of the Covid-19 “situation”, administratively, we are trying to stay focused on the task of making sure we are available for our customers and relieving an increased workload for our amazing staff in terms of rescheduling and touching base with all our affected customers.
Understandable that your training is cancelled but are you still open for business such as AED Sales and Service?
YES! Our staff are ready, willing and able to take your calls and discuss your future training plans, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) supply sales requirements as well as AED and training equipment rentals.
If CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING is cancelling training courses, will other services be suspended, such as supply sales?
NO! The office will be open during regular business hours and will continue to offer services such as AED and equipment rentals. Also, sales of CSA approved First Aid Kits, and other supplies continue to be available.
Am I still able to order parts for my AED?
Yes! Our AED Department will remain open to process all AED, and AED Accessories orders. We will also continue to schedule AED inspection and servicing appointments as requested.