Philips AED Voluntary Recall
In February, 2018, Philips voluntarily issued this recall notification due to awareness of isolated failures with one of the following device’s electrical components (a resistor):
- Philips HeartStart FRx
- Philips HeartStart OnSite
- Philips HeartStart Home
If you are the owner of 1 or more Philips AEDs (manufactured between September 2002 and February 2013), you may have received this letter (this past March 2018), indicating a Voluntary Medical Device Recall Notice directly from Philips regarding your AED. More information can be found at the following link through Philips Healthcare.
If you or your organization have one or more recalled AEDs, you are eligible for a rebate that Philips is offering when you purchase a new Philips AED(s). This rebate program is being offered to customers with affected AEDs which are no longer under warranty. The value of the rebate depends on your current defibrillator and ranges from $65 to $800.
How Canadian First-Aid Training can help you if your AED is affected:
Being as CANADIAN FIRST-AID TRAINING Ltd. is a National Master Stocking Distributor, we are able to assist you in verifying if your AED is affected and can help you decide if you’d like to replace your affected AED. Should you choose to replace your AED with a new one, you are entitled to a rebate towards the purchase of any new Philips AED you choose:
We are happy to help you understand all your options and to help you make an informed decision on how to proceed. If you choose to purchase and replace your AED, the newly purchased AED(s) will come with an 8-year Manufacturers Warranty. If you have already made the choice not to replace your current AED, allow us to help you in tracking your electrode pads and battery expiry dates by onboarding your AED(s) free of charge.
If you would like to voluntarily replace your AED, here are the steps to follow:
- Call Canadian First-Aid Training at: (204) 233-2328 . Please ask for the AED Compliance Manager.
- Please have your AED nearby so we may identify and confirm the serial number of your Philips HeartStart FRx, HeartStart OnSite, or HeartStart Home Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) manufactured between September 2002 and February 2013. The Serial # starts with an “A” or a “B” (e.g. B12C-01234).
- Based on this information, the amount of your rebate will be confirmed from the Philips Rebate Program.
- Based on your decision and how you’d like to proceed (i.e. decide if you’d like to keep your AED or replace it), we can then send an estimate.
- Based on this decision, some paperwork will be required and will be explained as needed.
Please be advised: If you decide to replace your AED with a new warrantied AED, it will be shipped based on our current processes and will be billed accordingly, including the rebate you or your organization are eligible for.
If you have any questions on this program, please contact Canadian First-Aid Training at (204) 233-CFAT (2328).